- Responsible for coordinating and liaising between the company and Government organisations / authorities and provide a key inter-face between the two.
- Provide quick, efficient and reliable services for all Government related jobs such as Employment Permits, Entry Visas, Medical Examinations, miscellaneous jobs related to Immigration, Ministry of Labor & Consulates, and Business Licences to the company and its group , adhering to the regular amendments in rules and regulations within very short notices.
- Respond effectively to the demands of the Businesses, employees and their families to assist them on all government related services.
Key Results/ Accountabilities:
- Responsible to administer the following towards Employee and Dependants liaising with local UAE govt ministries
Responsible to administer the following towards business facilitation on day-to-day basis:
- Obtain new employment visas / work permits for all expatriate employees.
- Monitor and renew employee residence permits.
- Obtain new residence visas for dependants of employees.
- Facilitate renewal of residence visas for dependants.
- Facilitate obtaining and renewal of Expatriates passports for employees and dependants.
- Facilitate and follow-up cancellation of visas for employees and dependants.
- Facilitate complex medical / police procedures on event of death of any employee or next to kin.
Administer company and joint venture companies’ licenses and tax remittances with various UAE govt. authorities viz., Economic Department, Municipality, Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Finance & Industries etc. Provide expert advice to business and employees on all visa formalities and all other gov’t related procedures. Accountable in maintaining accurate records for all above services. The ever-changing government rules and regulations requires the post-holder to be abreast of updates on information / documents and at times certain jobs have to be tacked efficiently without much notice.
- Liaise with embassies / foreign diplomatic missions to enable business visits
- Liaise with UAE Immigration dept. in obtaining business entry visas for global business visitors.
Budgeting, Reporting and Cash flows:
- Gathering supporting data for annual budgeting.
- Finalize the setup of the system generated Management reports (P&L, P&L trend, BS, BS trend).
- Validate the Monthly Management reports (P&L, P&L trend, BS, BS trend) before submitting to the Admin. Assistant
- Review of project payments data received from payable accountant on monthly basis for cash flows.
- Coordination of annual and ad-hoc valuation exercise, gather data requirements and prepare draft calculations.
- Issue sales report on Bi-weekly basis;
- Issue inventory reports on weekly basis;
- Providing accounting and clerical support to ensure that financial transactions are in compliance and of the VAT regulations.
- Preparation, validation and submission of monthly and quarterly VAT returns for the UAE entities
- Handle VAT reporting (payables and receivables). Ensure collections and payments are done in line with UAE regulations
- Prepare and manage all documents in line with VAT regulations and other related activities
- Maintain controls by adhering to the accounting department’s policies and procedures and ensure Tax practices are in compliance with UAE financial reporting statutes, standards and financial reporting best practices
- Conduct day-to-day transactional processing and reporting on taxation. This includes the accurate posting of all tax related entries
- Researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation in both inside UAE and in GCC.
- Working with tax laws in UAE and update the changes to the management.
- Compile, verify, and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions. These reports may include monthly VAT liabilities, VAT returns, regulatory reports and filings
- Coordinate projects involving internal and external audits to ensure that they have appropriate access to information and people within the organization
Requirements (Educational Background):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ CA, CMA / ACCA).
- 3-6 years of experience within the financial accounting.
- 3 years’ experience with a proven successful track in a similar position. (Printing preferred).
- Experience within a tax environment is an advantage.
- Top 10 audit firms experience is an advantage.
- Understanding of UAE VAT laws, VAT registration and implementation (Practical experience),